SA Branch Cub Scout Cook-Off
15 September 2019
Woodhouse Activity Centre
9:00am – 2:30pm
In this annual event, small teams of up to eight Cubs compete to cook a themed three-course meal in a fun and supportive environment.
The spirit of this competition is fun! It is not intended to be difficult for either Leaders or Cubs.
Get your applications in and let’s tantalise those taste buds!!! Why not base your site on a theme for the day (eg a specific country, ‘the beach’, or wherever your imagination takes you) and plan your menu around that theme? The Cub Scouts will be required to set up their kitchen and dining areas then cook and prepare an entrée, main and dessert under adult supervision. We look forwarding seeing you there!
Entry to the SA Branch Cub Cook-Off for 2019 is $8.00 and covers a collector's badge and a team certificate.
Return the registration form to Martin at email@example.com by Sunday 8 September 2019.
Brief summary of 2019 Rules of the Competition:
- The team will cook and eat a 3-course meal for all members of their team plus provide samples for 3 judges.
- Cooking must be conducted under camp conditions (eg Gas stove, BBQ etc).
- Teams must also provide and erect a dining shelter, table, chairs, plates cutlery etc.
- A written menu must be provided.
- Items on the menu must be prepared from scratch (eg custard to be made from base ingredients, not out of a ready-made carton).
- Leaders should have minimum input and only intervene on the grounds of safety or physical difficulty.
Judging is based on:
- Kitchen and dining
- Food preparation
- Cooking standard
- Presentation (eg theme of table and meal, decorations etc)
Enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.