SA Branch Cub Scout Cook-Off
24 September 2017
Woodhouse Activity Centre
In this annual event, small teams of up to eight Cubs compete to cook a themed three-course meal in a fun and supportive environment.
The spirit of this competition is fun! It is not intended to be difficult for either Leaders or Cubs.
Entry to the SA Branch Cub Cook-Off is usually around $5.00 and covers a collector's badge and a team certificate.
Brief summary of 2017 Rules of the Competition:
- The team will cook and eat a 3-course meal for all members of their team plus provide samples for 3 judges.
- Cooking must be conducted under camp conditions (eg Gas stove, BBQ etc).
- Teams must also provide and erect a dining shelter, table, chairs, plates cutlery etc.
- A written menu must be provided.
- Items on the menu must be prepared from scratch (eg custard to be made from base ingredients, not out of a ready-made carton).
- Leaders should have minimum input and only intervene on the grounds of safety or physical difficulty.
Judging is based on:
- Camp Hygiene
- Presentation (eg theme of table and meal, decorations etc)